left of centre

I keep hearing this 80's song from The Church (The Australian band) and I really like it. There's an awesome acoustic version floating round.

I remember it from years back and it reminds me of laying on the grass in summer, staring up at the sky from a rock near my place, when the summer nights were balmy and the only sound was crickets and those weird bug things that make that noise when they rub their legs together. Looking up, it was a blanket of speckles, stars, satellites, all glowing, shimmering and it made you feel for one moment that absolutely anything is possible.

Under The Milky Way - The Church

Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty,

Sound of their breath fades with the light.
I think about the loveless fascination,
Under the milky way tonight.

Lower the curtain down in memphis,
Lower the curtain down all right.
I got no time for private consultation,
Under the milky way tonight.

Wish I knew what you were looking for.
Might have known what you would find.
Wish I knew what you were looking for.
Might have known what you would find.

And its something quite peculiar,
Something thats shimmering and white.
Leads you here despite your destination,
Under the milky way tonight

1 comment:

  1. Nicole Atkins has a great version of this song. I am amazed at how many people have covered it.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Fuel.Stop 1

Fuel. Stop Nice! (above & below...esp)